This post was last updated on August 8th, 2019 at 10:56 am
Download the Security Brief
Submit the form below to download Infocyte's Security Brief discussing the top concerns of Security Operations Centers (SOCs)
A recent Report on Threat Hunting published by Crowd Research Partners indicated while 75% of respondents believe that threat hunting is of major importance, and 42% consider it a top priority, there are specific concerns that stand out. Based on survey findings, the top two challenges facing SOCs today are the:
- Detecting advanced cyber threats (hidden, unknown and emerging)
- Lack of expert security staff to assist with threat mitigation
Secondary, yet significant, concerns were:
- Detection of rogue insiders/insider attacks
- Slow response time to find or detect advanced threats
- Too much time wasted on false positive alerts
- Lack of confidence in automation tools catching all threats
- Lack of proper reporting tools
As a result, proactive cyber threat hunting and on-demand incident response have become top-of-mind for SOCs, and rightfully so, considering the constant stream of malware attacks against every industry, every day.
We know that malware will breach defenses, as surely as day follows night. The survey found that 44% of threats go undetected by automated security tools. Yet the survey also showed that security industry professionals do not have confidence in their abilities to detect advanced threats, nor in their in-house expertise level to mitigate these advanced cyber threats. This is where Infocyte steps in...our MDR platform addresses all of the top seven identified concerns plaguing SOCs.