The number of long-term hacks being uncovered continues to rise unabated, resulting in millions in financial losses, theft of intellectual property, and/or exposure of customer information. With the threat of undetected compromises and stealthy zero-day attacks breaking through even the best controls, cyber risk managers require more than what is being offered by legacy assessment solutions (which typically only address vulnerabilities or configuration management).
Infocyte was founded to help our customers combat the rise of persistent threats in their networks. With that mission, we are very excited to announce a new major release of our award winning threat hunting platform, Infocyte HUNT. This 3.0 release expands on our foundation of threat hunting by bringing together capabilities to assess all three of the most important aspects of cybersecurity risk: vulnerabilities, assets, and threats.
To understand what's missing, we have to go back to the basics:
What is cyber risk?
At its' most basic, Cyber Risk is a function of understanding the threats which exploit vulnerabilities to obtain, damage, or destroy assets.
- An asset is what we’re trying to protect.
- A vulnerability is a weakness or gap in our protection efforts.
- A threat is what we’re trying to protect against (i.e. malicious software and/or actor).
The Next Generation of Risk Management
Right now, your digital assets are exposed to a myriad of threats through vulnerabilities in software and network configurations. To understand true risk and state of the network, organizations need to adopt internal threat discovery capabilities to know what, if any, threats may have exploited an exposed vulnerability prior to mitigation.
Threat Hunting, or the proactive search for threats that may have bypassed your security controls, is the missing component. The future of cyber risk management requires threat hunting capabilities be seamlessly integrated into the risk assessment process. Infocyte HUNT 3.0 delivers on that vision.
Infocyte HUNT 3.0 - New Features:
- Discover and score over 100k application vulnerabilities (CVEs)
- Modernized user interface to improve the threat hunting experience
- Increased threat hunting capabilities
- Expanded asset discovery and reporting to better understand exposures
- New Threat Hunter Pro service offering on-demand access to Infocyte hunting experts